Hi! Know it’s been a while but wanted to give you a quick update on what’s been going on. At the end of 2014, we decided to release an Alpha version of RPG Bard so folks (including us!) could start using RPG Bard as soon as possible. We’ve already got about a quarter of the features listed below implemented!
Release Date and Cost
At this time, we expect RPG Bard Alpha release to be by June 2015 and be absolutely free!
Game System Support
RPG Bard Alpha release will support authors and game masters in their creation of Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible, PFRPG, and OGL modules and adventures as allowed them by the license they are operating under. Some of the applicable licenses include:
- Paizo Inc. Pathfinder® Roleplaying Game Compatibility License – for the creation of Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible materials by commercial and non-commercial publishers
- Paizo Inc. Community Use Policy – for the additional use of a large selection of Paizo-owned images, artwork, text, characters, locations, proper names, and trademark materials by non-commercial publishers
- Open Game License – for the creation of PFRPG and Open Game License (OGL) materials and use of the OGL Content
RPG Bard Alpha release will start with hundreds of monster stat-blocks from the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PRD) and a limited selection of preloaded artwork for quick and easy insertion into modules and adventures.
You will also be able to create your own stat-blocks (as well as modify existing ones) and upload your own artwork for use as interior content, on book covers, or for page backgrounds.
RPG Bard Alpha release will start with enough features implemented to allow you to go from start to finish and create a print-quality PDF of your final book. These include:
- User profiles – so you can manage your account
- Book and page development – so you can create, delete, edit, and reorder your book content
- A cover designer – so you can select your basic cover design and set your text, images, logos, and background via a form
- An interior theme selector – so you can select your interior design; you can then change the interior theme on a a page-by-page basis to support multiple game systems (such as a PFRPG/3.5/4.0/5.0 hybrid)
- Preloaded monster stat-block library – so you can quickly and easily drop in; you will also be able to modify the preloaded stat blocks as well as create your own new ones
- Preloaded artwork library – so you can quickly and easily test different pieces of art for the book cover and the interior content; you will also be able to upload your own art for full art customization
- Print-quality PDF exporter – so you can export your finished book
Join the Alpha
For more information on RPG Bard and our Alpha (and future Beta) program, you can sign up for project notifications right now at www.rpgbard.com.
Trusty Sword Entertainment / RUXED LLC